Tuesday, October 22, 2013

One of the Regulars

It's Official!

I am a regular at  the Montfort Hospital. 

I can take anyone on a guided tour, I know exactly where to go, I finish the orderly's sentences with regards to where I change, where the waiting rooms are, etc.  Not only do I recognize faces but they now recognize me in the hall and some have asked how my surgery was. I even scored packets of gauze to help with the chaffing.

Then today I thought for a split second I achieved the golden status of parking privileges.  I had a bone scan today and when I arrived for my appointment, was told they were running behind and to return in 45 minutes.  I went to the parking pay machine (of course I had to show someone where to insert their ticket and money first) and when I inserted my ticket, it spit it back out with a message "Have a nice day"  SCORE!

I enquired about my acquiring my bone scan images.  I thought it would be really cool to have a full image of my skeleton. 

I assume over the next month I will be moving on to another hospital for treatments and my visits to the Montfort will become less and less.  I will miss that place as the care has been excellent, and the compassion and sincerity of everyone I have come in contact with who works there is incredible.





No comments:

Post a Comment