Friday, July 4, 2014

Leave All Your Troubles On The Ground

Now that I have returned to work and trying to have an active, sociable summer; I am going to bet it will be hard to keep regular updates on the blog.  I know I am supposed to take it easy but at times I equate myself to a kicking horse at the rodeo, just as its being released from the pen….There is a burr under my saddle.

Last Sunday I had an incredible experience.  A gentleman by the name of Alan, has been following my blog.  The connection is that he is good friends with Ron (who refers to himself as my stalker) who has been Meta’s coach throughout the tour.  Alan is also a cancer survivor (or as Kris Carr calls them: cancer cowboy) and has a Cessna plane.  Towards the end of radiation, Alan extended an invite to take Meta and myself flying over Ladysmith and my farm.  Of course I jumped at the chance….what an awesome way to celebrate the end of radiation.

Albeit hot and muggy, it was a beautiful day with just a little bit of haze.  Alan did his safety check, showed us how to get in and out of the plane (the doors cannot handle too much stress.)  I rode shotgun and just as I was buckling myself in, turned to Meta and said “you know I don’t do ferris wheels.”  But I figured I would not have a fear of a small plane since I was well caged in.  Alan allowed me to act as the navigator.  Of course, I initially sent him on the wrong course but eventually we found our way and before we knew it, I was flying over where I grew up. 


Thanks Alan for an amazing day!


Alan and I - Preflight

Where I spent my time, meditating this winter

Meta and I back on the ground

No comments:

Post a Comment